Wisdom, Kindness, and Calm
Three Steps to a Better Life
I begin my YouTube videos by asking if my audience would like to live wiser, kinder, and calmer lives. It's an easy choice for most of us, it sounds great! Now you have the chance to start, with this free mini-course!
In this course you will learn:
- The basics of what wisdom, kindness, and calm really are.
- How wisdom, kindness, and calm are the heart of early Buddhist teaching.
- How wisdom, kindness, and calm interrelate, condition, and reinforce one another.
- Ways to begin cultivating wisdom, kindness, and calm in your life.
In addition to the video lectures, you will also receive:
- Detailed course notes in .pdf form, to review at your leisure, including links to texts and books mentioned.
- A copy of a book chapter that provides a deep dive into these concepts.
You may have seen Doug's popular YouTube videos at Doug's Dharma. He is a contributor to the Journal of the Oxford Centre for Buddhist Studies and the Oxford Handbook of Buddhist Ethics. He holds a PhD in philosophy from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and has many years of practice in the Zen and Insight traditions. As well as being the Founder and Director of the Online Dharma Institute, he is also Study Director at the Secular Buddhist Association.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't miss this free opportunity to start living a wiser, kinder, and calmer life!